Open Nominations for 2018
Since 1982 and held each year, the Florida Women’s Hall of Fame commemorates women’s history by honoring and remembering those women whose lives and contributions have improved the quality of life for both Florida and the nation. With this in mind, we ask that you take time to nominate a deserving woman who has made a difference in the lives of those they serve.
The Florida Women’s Hall of Fame is located on the Plaza Level in the rotunda of the Florida Capitol building where a bronze plaque with an image and biographical summary of each member of the Women’s Hall of Fame hangs in tribute.
The Commission will accept all nominations for the 2018 Florida Women’s Hall of Fame postmarked by January 31, 2018. The Commission will recommend, to the Governor of Florida, ten outstanding women from whom up to three will be chosen for induction. Inductees will be recognized at a special ceremony in September 2018.
If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Florida Commission on the Status of Women Office at 850-414-3531.
- been born in or have adopted Florida as her home state and base of operation;
- made a significant and enduring contributions to her fields of endeavor, elevated the status of women,
- helped open new frontiers for women and for society in general, and inspired others by her example; and
- through her life and works, made significant contributions to the improvement of life for women and all citizens of Florida.
- Is the community and/or state better for the contributions of the nominee?
- Are people in general better because of the accomplishments of the nominee?
- Are women in Florida, the region, and/or the United States better, has their status improved, or have opportunities increased for women because of the life and contributions of the nominee? and/or
- Is the nation, world or particular discipline, profession, or field better because of the contributions of the nominee?
- Awards may be posthumous.
- Only nominations postmarked or submitted online by January 31, 2018 will be accepted.
- Prior nominations may be resubmitted. Nominations selected as finalists by the committee will be automatically resubmitted for the next year.
- Only nominations submitted on this official nomination form will be accepted. Incomplete nomination forms may not be forwarded to the Committee for review.
- All materials sent with the nomination form become the property of the Florida Women’s Hall of Fame and will not be returned.
- Please do not staple or bind your nomination materials.
- All submitted content must be single-spaced and 12-point font.
- Nominations can be submitted in the electronic form found on this page or in print by downloading the nomination package and filling it out for mailed submission to the Florida Commission on the Status of Women.
Florida Commission on the Status of Women
Attn: Women’s Hall of Fame Committee
107 West Gaines Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301